Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Raven

It was bound to happen.  My daughter discovered the Teen Titans animated show through the wonders of Boomerang.  Her favorite character?  Raven, of course.

When I ask her why Raven seems to have caught her attention, I get the usual run of answers.  She's dark, goth, strong, cool -- you name it.  Admittedly, of the Titans, she is the most interesting on the show.  There are worse characters she could like.  Faust.  Foolkiller.  That creepy Charlton clown who shot a kid.  Squirrel Girl.  Raven, on the whole, seems ... wholesome.

I'm not complaining about this newfound admiration of Raven.  In fact, I think it is kind of neat.  She's had an interest in Phoenix, Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Storm, Nightcrawler, Batman ... but Raven is the one she talks about the most (it's also the wallpaper on her computer).  When she asks me to find things on eBay ... it's all Raven.  (And for the record, the Teen Titans Go comics are way overpriced on eBay.)  So now I'm on a search to find her all the Raven products I can.  If any of you reading this know of any cool ones (statues, toys, books -- whatever), let me know.  It's a new quest of sorts ... at least until she's onto the next thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment